Our Enduring Power of Attorney Services

Power of Attorney

Managing another person’s financial affairs under their Power of Attorney carries great responsibility. If you’re not sure that a family member or trusted friend would be capable or willing, you can name a trust company, such as Truvera Trust Corporation, as your Attorney or Alternate Attorney. This relieves family or friends of the time commitments and legal liabilities of this responsibility.

If you already have a Power of Attorney in place, you should be aware that in British Columbia, a new Power of Attorney Act came into force in 2011 and it may be advisable for you to write a new Power of Attorney under this current legislation.

If someone you care about has become mentally incapable and does not have an Enduring Power of Attorney in place, you can arrange for Truvera Trust to apply to the court to be appointed as their Committee of Estate (guardian) in order to assume all the same responsibilities as an Attorney under an Enduring Power of Attorney.

For more detailed information, download and read our brochure about Our Enduring Power of Attorney Services.

Download PDF
Download PDF